Published: October 2017
The second edition of this highly regarded work combines the philosophical and ethical dimensions of animal law with the practical, legal and regulatory frameworks governing animals in Australia. Written in a clear, engaging and accessible style, it is suitable as a teaching text for Animal Law courses, and for the wider legal community and general reader interested in animal welfare.
The new edition has been fully revised and updated to cover developments in both case law and legislation across many topics. It includes commentary on a range of recent issues, including:
* Regulation of the live export trade
* ACCC interventions for misleading or deceptive statements about animal welfare practices
* Animal welfare issues in jumps racing and the greyhound industry
* Exposure of animal abuse in some commercial enterprises
* Comprehensive, balanced coverage of animal law issues in Australia ensures readers will gain a solid understanding of the wider regulatory regime.
* Each chapter integrates the philosophical/ethical discussion with practical issues and the legal context allowing readers to gain an understanding of the background driving current regulatory regimes.
* Written by an internationally recongnised expert in animal law
* Chapters include clear learning objectives, and further reading to facilitate depth and breadth of learning for both students and the general reader.