Published: August 2021
We know that the gut - in particular, our gut microbiome - plays a crucial role in our wellbeing, helping to maintain the health of our immune system, brain and metabolism.
Eating the right types of foods, especially those high in dietary fibre and resistant starch, can support a healthy population of gut microbes and benefit our overall health. In this follow-up to the bestselling Healthy Gut Diet, leading CSIRO research scientists and dieticians share the latest findings on gut health, including:
* the essential role of fibre in creating a diverse and resilient gut microbiome;
* how the gut barrier and microbiome changes as we travel through life;
* the influence of gut microbes on the rest of our body, including our mood;
* and the potential benefits of probiotics, prebiotics and fermented foods.
Also included are go-to lists of good fibre choices for your pantry, fridge and freezer; simple tips and sample meal plans; and 60 delicious fibre-fuelled recipes, including Banana nut granola, Crispy chilli eggs, Golden fish tacos and Sumac chicken with tahini yoghurt - all designed to deliver a range of different fibres and nutrients to boost your gut health.
This item is on the shelf at the following Harry Hartog shops. Please contact the shop to reserve your copy.
* Availability and price subject to change at any time.